June 22, 2015 – Vancouver, BC – ATAC Resources Ltd. (TSX-V: ATC) (“ATAC” or the “Company”) announces the commencement of Phase I drilling and exploration at the Rackla Gold Project, Yukon. Phase I work will focus on expanding the Carlin-type gold discoveries at the Conrad Zone and Anubis Cluster within the Nadaleen Trend. Diamond drilling using one drill has started at the Conrad Zone while a Rotary Air Blast (“RAB”) drill is currently onsite and will be mobilized to the Anubis Cluster within days.
“The Conrad Zone is the most advanced Carlin-type gold discovery within the Nadaleen Trend and continues to deliver significant gold mineralization from three distinct areas and remains open along strike and at depth,” states Graham Downs, ATAC’s CEO. “The 2015 exploration and drilling program is designed to cost-effectively expand mineralized zones at Conrad and refine targets within the Anubis Cluster for future drilling.”
2015 Phase I Exploration Objectives:
- Shallow diamond drilling will continue to test the eastern portion of the Conrad Upper Zone where drilling to date has defined a strike length of 800 m;
- Diamond drilling will target an untested area between the Conrad Upper and Middle zones;
- Diamond drilling at the newly discovered Conrad Lower Zone will step out from
hole OS-14-230 which intersected 42.67 m of 3.03 g/t gold; and,
- RAB drilling within the Anubis Cluster will target over 20 geochemical anomalies and potentially mineralized structures that lie beneath a thin cover of overburden.
- The true-width for OS-14-230 is estimated to be 60% - 100% of the intersected width.
For more detailed information on the 2015 exploration and drilling program at the Rackla Gold Project, please see ATAC’s news release dated March 24, 2015.
The technical information in this news release has been approved by Julia Lane, P.Geo., the Rackla Gold Project manager and a geologist with Archer, Cathro & Associates (1981) Limited, and a qualified person for the purposes of National Instrument 43-101.
ATAC is developing Canada’s only Carlin-type gold district and additional mineral occurrences at its 100% owned, 1,700 sq/km, Rackla Gold Project in Yukon. Exploration on the project has resulted in a positive Preliminary Economic Assessment on the Tiger oxide gold deposit, delineation of multiple high-grade Carlin-type gold zones, the discovery of significant silver-lead-zinc mineralization at Ocelot and the identification of numerous early-stage gold targets. The Rackla Gold Project has no underlying royalties or third-party interests. ATAC is well-financed with approximately $20 million in its treasury.
On behalf of Management and the Board of Directors
of ATAC Resources Ltd.
Graham Downs, CEO
For further information, please contact:
Vanessa Pickering, Manager, Corporate Communications
ATAC Resources Ltd.
T: 604-687-2522 ext. 260